Home > Video Games > Here is the unedited e-mail that Paul Gale Network sent to SuperBot Entertainment regarding the RUMORED final characters in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

October 10, 2012

Next Story: Project Street Fighter V continues with Remy vs. Guile

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale on Paul Gale Network
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

It was on October 1st, in this article, that I shared with you all an edited version of the e-mail I sent SuperBot Entertainment. After your tweets, e-mails, and comments, I decided to share the whole thing in one go. This story today, however, is coming after Omar Kendall stated that the game will include just the 20 playable characters already revealed. Does that mean that the final information that I’m presenting to you now is not correct? Unfortunately, that might very well be the case.

That being said, however, I never did lie or put up fake news/hints, etc. Over the course of 12 months reporting on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (since its Title Fight days), I’ve put up only what I was given. And thus, my hints only reflected the information I had. Take this for what you will:

Start

25th Anniversary Division:
Cloud Strife, Old Solid Snake

PS2 Anniversary Division:
Wander

PSX Anniversary Division:
Crash Bandicoot

That rounded out the complete list that I was given, tallying 24 characters for the game in total. It was not mentioned to me whom from that list would be available on the disc, as is, whom might be unlockable if you went that route, or whom would me made available exclusively as DLC. Furthermore, it was being speculated that your team was in a negotiation state with Ubisoft, in determining whether to use Altaïr, Ezio, or Connor. Connor was said to be the most likely Assassin’s Creed candidate, as it would correlate with the new game’s release. Finally, Kat’s inclusion was unknown, but being considered after SuperBot began to read fans’ own wishlists across the internet…but unknown as to whether or not she made it in. That’s what I was given. With those last two, IF they made it, and IF all information that was provided to me was as correct as the first batch of 20 that I received periodically, the complete roster of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale would equal 26 when all DLC was complete.

I really don’t want to put this story up if it’s going to spoil anything for you. I know you all worked hard and believe me, for one single person to come from one relatively small site in comparison to what’s out there and to be the “voice” behind this game for a year now, it’s been a great experience affecting millions world wide, all the while building up hype for your game, creating early talk, pre-orders, a hopeful increase in sales, and a linkage and story unlike any other in this industry before. It’s been an honor, being chosen and given the information by my friend, to promote the game and even know about it for as long as I have.

Unless you tell me not to put up the aforementioned list, I will put up the information by October 10th. You don’t have to confirm or deny anyone to me. I will abide by your rules if you respond, even with a quote that I would turn into an article, saying that SuperBot told me, “**Here goes what you’d address my audience with**.” Nothing will get out (whether the information I have remaining is accurate or not) and your fans will respect that move by both you and see that I have to remain silent, simultaneously understanding my decision to comply.

Thank you for your time as usual.
Best regards,
Paul Gale
Paul Gale Network

Finish

The list of remaining characters at one point, got up to 28/30. Though not in the game, the following were considered for inclusion: Chun Li or Ryu from Street Fighter to round out the 25th Anniversary Division, Ico to be a part of the PS2 Division, and both Spyro the Dragon and Dart Feld as part of the PSX Division. Those four did not make the final cut according to my source, but the four included in the article and two potential DLC additions, were apparently part of the poster. I haven’t seen the poster and it may even be moot at this point, because if Omar said the final roster includes 20, then my friend simply might have been thrown off by 4, somewhere down the road.

But now you can see that yes, me on the jet ski was for Crash, dying my hair blonde and looking up at the clouds was for Cloud Strife, the picture of me holding a piece of paper that said 1987 while sporting a beard was Snake, and me on top of a dragon, punching it was for Shadow of the Colossus’ Wander. Likewise, I found the best mountain background/desert region to simulate what I could without saying anything. And though all this time I did take other pictures that weren’t as vague, including being half naked in a hallway for Raiden, urinating on a wall for Big Daddy, and jumping in the air in a burlap sack at the park for Sackboy, I put up hints the best way I could, to try and let SuperBot do their own thing.

In the end, the information that my friend gave me proved true for 20/20 so far, including all stages, modes, rivalries, and so on. Whether these final four are in the game or not and whether or not the DLC will be planned as such (to include the supposed final characters), is something I don’t know…and nor does my contact. If fake info was given out, it worked, because I thought it was real and really had no reason to believe otherwise this entire time. If these final four make the game, then excellent…I was 24/24. Thank you all for your support and if this last bit that I’m sharing with you now proves false, I apologize for getting your hopes up. Here’s to hoping that regardless, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale winds up being one of this holiday’s most successful games for PlayStation 3. I appreciate your time, friendship, and understanding. Here’s to November 20th.

Paul Gale Network with rumored final character list for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Thanks, SuperBot.

Update: The order in which the final characters were suppose to be revealed were Cloud and Snake at TGS because of Final Fantasy’s and Metal Ger’s 25th anniversaries being that month, followed by Wander, and ultimately, Crash Bandicoot as the #1 most requested character, pitched to SuperBot, including in my own “Write to SuperBot article“.

Related stories:

10/05/12 = Vote for how you want PGN to reveal the final characters.
10/01/12 = Edited e-mail to SuperBot with final list of characters.
09/28/12 = The talk to the fans.
09/18/12 = What’d you do in 1987?
09/12/12 = Fan art of PGN (and more) in PSASBR.
09/09/12 = Old hints become new again.
09/04/12 = Whose side is Kevin Butler on?
09/02/12 = PGN’s “revealing final content” e-mail to SuperBot.
08/31/12 = First video footage of Nariko and Sir Daniel Fortesque.
08/29/12 = First video footage of Raiden.
08/28/12 = First video footage of Evil Cole McGrath.
08/14/12 = Sackboy, Dante, and Spike confirmations + Free PS Vita version with Cross Buy.
08/14/12 = New “vague” hints on the way.
08/13/12 = PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale gets delayed to November 20th.
08/11/12 = Original hint for Nathan Drake.
08/11/12 = Don’t fear PSASBR’s final roster.

lexgamer October 10, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I heard a rumor that after the Beta leak they moved the last characters to ‘Post launch free content’ to avoid further problems with newer beta updates, that idea seems to fit the evidence so far, I think. What do you think?

Paul Gale October 10, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Not a bad theory.

TyParker October 10, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Paul Gale thank you so much!!! :) This roster will really show the strength of the Playstation with those final four characters!!!

But if you have the time, I need some clarification about several things.

1. Are you suggessting that Connor and Kat will be in the game or are they likly to be first batch of DLC? Or is it truly unknown?

2. Do you know why Spyro, Dart, Ico and Street Fighter Rep were removed from the game?? Especially removing Spyro and the Stret Fighter Rep seems strange since they are 3rd party characters

Thank you so much Paul, you have done an incredible job at keeping the hype up for this game, I appreciate it!!

creeper43 October 10, 2012 at 6:44 pm

when did omar say that the 20 were the final list and if im misconstruing your words in the article please let me know i have only the best intentions when asking you these sort of questions.

ThePsychoGamer October 10, 2012 at 6:45 pm

It’s really disappointing (and somewhat confusing) to me that Kiryu Kazuma supposedly wasn’t even considered for this game.

Paul Gale October 10, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Might have been. Just not to my source’s knowledge or I would have known.

dorkgeniuz21 October 10, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Gotta take the time out to thank you for doing this.Even if they aren’t in the game now or will come as dlc or perhaps a sequel, it is still good to know they were thought of at all.I was hoping badly that Wander & Crash would be in and hopefully it still isnt a loss cause for Ico & Kat.My Question is, as far as dlc characters go, how many do you think they will cap it at.For me 10 would be an awesome amount.In that, if I could only choose 10 extra characters personally they would be as follows.Pyramid head,Sora,Kat,Wander,Laura Croft,Scott Pilgrim,Crash,Cloud & Battletoads….lol

soviet prince October 10, 2012 at 7:04 pm

couple of questions paul
1. there is a guy claiming to have a source that says that characters where pulled from the main disk and will be free dlc at launch to prevent links. Do you think that theory holds water or something they would do. source : http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Why-the-rest-of-roster-moved-2-dlc/td-p/38470633

2. when did you think your info is fake and why

3. do you really honestly believe that you could have got fake info because it would not make since on superbots part. They would have to give a lot of fake info out to a lot of people in order for this to work since they did not know how was your source. Doing this would just cause cause confusion and misinformation and cause false hype for the audience leading to a bunch disappointed fans causing a lot of people to not buy the game feeling they been lied two. DO you agree with that paul not saying your lying because I don’t know but maybe the false info thing might be false :p. (irony)

4.assuming this is ture: was these 4 character supposedly added after the initial 20 you heard or always been there, and any info on crash was he picked up later ?

soviet prince October 10, 2012 at 7:35 pm

5. why was spyro and dart not conidered
6. if true will this be final roster count or final before additional dlc?

Paul Gale October 10, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I’m sure that almost everyone in the gaming industry was “considered”.

soviet prince October 11, 2012 at 7:27 am

what about the other questions

MoonMan757 October 10, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Paul Gale October 10, 2012 at 9:17 pm

You’re welcome!

GrayGhost October 10, 2012 at 7:05 pm
Paul Gale October 10, 2012 at 8:10 pm
bombrider October 10, 2012 at 7:06 pm

If Old Snake was somehow chopped from the roster, that’d be a massively missed opportunity on Superbot’s part. Still getting the game, but you know…

Thanks for the reveal Paul…

Paul Gale October 10, 2012 at 8:09 pm

You got it.

Jrange378 October 10, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Its interesting to know what was considered, and maybe these characters can be DLC. But its not even a rumor at this point, because the roster has already been confirmed 20.

harley2947 October 10, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Good enough. If Crash and Cloud are in, i’ll be 100 times more stoked than I already am. That’s overbaord

antispor October 10, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Cloud and Wander we’re on my wishlist from day one man. Thanks for tellings us what you know Paul I’ve been following this for a while now. The roster scenario is just insane. The fact that Activision or even Square Enix may have not wanted to be represented in the celebration of Sony history is just silly.

Paul Gale October 10, 2012 at 8:07 pm

In my opinion, the likes of Snake, Crash, Cloud, and Spyro should be musts…followed by Lara. Just for the sake of each’s identity with the PS brand back when it was getting started.

antispor October 10, 2012 at 11:09 pm

I know right. Just the biggest piece in playstation history in my opinion is for a company like Square to announce their departure from Nintendo to Sony. That is Playstation history and golden. The inclusion of those characters is really important to me. The roster is awesome but I feel its missing some playstation “superstars”

Moises89 October 10, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Honestly, I’m more surprised Superbot never got back to you. While I have accepted the 20 characters we have as the launch line up, I’m pretty confident that this information is true in some form. Let’s not forget Omar saying his infamous “stay tuned” line for a Final Fantasy Rep, Seth Killian hinting at more PSX representation, and Kat being leaked from the official site(amongst some other photos). My guess is that these characters couldn’t make launch and most(if not all) of these characters will probably be free dlc around xmas time. Also Paul I have a question, All Stars is going to be at NYCC this year, and they usually have an employee of Superbot watching over the game booths. Is it cool if I ask them about all this confusion?(and specifically mention your posts) I know they probably aren’t to confirm anything but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to try

Thanks again for being there for the fans!

Paul Gale October 10, 2012 at 8:06 pm

Well, it never hurts to ask. But if you do, just always remember to be respectful. It goes a long way. :)

Moises89 October 11, 2012 at 7:22 am

Hahah yeah it was just going to be a quick question or two, I didn’t want to heckle them or anything. Anyway before I forget to ask you, can you check out my friend’s speed painting of Leon Kennedy? He did it in celebration on RE6 and I think you’d like it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04E5pkpkg6w

Also what are your thoughts on RE6?(If you’ve played it)

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 11:02 am

Sweet art! And yeah, RE6 is great. It won PGN’s Best Action Game of E3 2012.

elgranqenk October 10, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Thank you so much Paul.

Personally I hope that the final roster is the one you posted here (¿DLC?) because even though the current roster is good, it doesn’t represents all the potencial (all cool characters) the Playstation brand has.

Please Paul aswer this question. You know I really hoped that Kevin Butler was going to be in the game and now I’m very dissapointed because it doesn’t seem possible, so I was wondering if the game will tribute him in some way or you know something…

Paul Gale October 10, 2012 at 9:16 pm

With Sony suing the actor and all…mmm…

elgranqenk October 10, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Well the actor isn’t the persona. I mean Mark Hammil isn’t Luke Skywalker.

Yes, Sony sued Jerry Lambert and Bridgestone, but they did that because the persona, Kevin Butler, belongs to them.
For example Kevin Butler is going to be a DLC in Little Big Planet: Karting.

Since Toru is in the game, I hoped that KB was also going to make it.

Anyways, thank you so much for all the information you gave to us for the last years, and I hope that you’ll continue being a link between the developers and the fans.

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 4:13 am

Weshl see. You never know.

ongan-san October 10, 2012 at 8:54 pm

No Dart?
Well, there’s no reason to buy.
F- you SuperBot.

Paul Gale October 10, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Still a good game!

ongan-san October 10, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Nope.avi

dorkgeniuz21 October 10, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Just remember if this game does good, we will get our remaining characters in the sequel & or we can just bug different devs to put the ip’s in this game as dlc…

DanteDMC October 10, 2012 at 10:54 pm

just played the demo how can it not be a good game? cause your favorite character didnt make it? totally worth a buy

CSRPAYSRHO October 11, 2012 at 5:11 am

who the heck is dart anyway?
because he was not as popular as crash

DanteDMC October 11, 2012 at 5:07 pm

legend of dragoon. its a good game for PSX

Majora999 October 10, 2012 at 9:00 pm

A long time ago, I remember someone asked you who it was in that leaked screenshot of Time Station, you said you asked and couldn’t say yet, who was it?

angelbless October 10, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Can I share something personal with you Paul?

Ive been following your page since the Sweet tooth image and the “Title Fight” rumors and although I will still get the game, I have to admit the feeling isnt the same anymore.

You have given us hope and have made the wait more enjoyable, and for that I really thank you, but Superbot kinda disappointed the fans in the last weeks… The final roster isnt superb, and there are some inclusions that are questionable *cough 2 Coles*

Anyway, I REALLY REALLY hope the characters you teased become a reality because Im sure that opposed to this feeling of…disappointment, MOST of the fans -if not all- will be happy with Cloud, Snake, Wander, Crash and Connor.

Geez! i keep reading those 5 names and i cant really understand whats wrong inside Superbots head Paul, really!!!….

Im sorry, but Im not waiting for this game as I did since I saw that Sweet Tooth image :(

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 4:12 am

SuperBot still did work hard on the game so if you were interested before, I’d recommend it. But I know how it could be frustrating not to see everyone. Hang in there!

angelbless October 11, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Thxs for verything Paul… I … I will try :(

spoelstra3 October 10, 2012 at 11:27 pm

With the inclusion of these characters, Superbot has an even more awesome set of characters! Only wish Sora made it. He was my number one. :( Any news if Superbot even approached Disney and Square-Enix?

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 4:14 am

If Cloud is in it, then Square-Enix and them did indeed finalize things.

Reese October 11, 2012 at 12:12 am

Can u answer what model of crash was used or if u saw any of these characters models or see them in action

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 4:14 am

Crash was “as old school as ever”.

Gabriele.T92 October 11, 2012 at 7:38 am

You mean the real old school model (this: http://bandicootcentral.webs.com/Crash_20Bandicoot.jpg) or the most used old school model (this: http://uploads.forumfree.it/av-8591312.jpg) that doesn’t look nothing like the classic one? Because they are different. And did you know his moveset?
P.S.: Thanks a lot for sharing all this informations with us, I follow you since the first time you announced this game and I always believed in you ;)

angelbless October 11, 2012 at 5:39 pm

That makes me cry more :_(

Tetiro October 11, 2012 at 12:35 am

Wow Paul, I never though you’d post it! Not doubting you of course, I assumed Superbot would’ve stopped out. But man, I got my personal predictions absolutly spot on! (Below is the shortened reasons)

Crash, Spyro,Snake and Cloud – Obviously needed
Kat, Dart, Wander and Ico – A huge desire from the fans
Ryu – A strong part of PS’ history
AC Rep – Ubisoft and Sony’s desire to improve their relationship

I do have one question though. Whilst sad that my fave purple dragon didn’t make the cut. Do you know why this happened?

Also, you never got to hint towards Sir Daniel. What would’ve been his hint? (I’ve become a huge fan of him)

Thanks for doing this Paul, the levels of hype in communities everywhere has been restored!

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I don’t know why Spryo didn’t make it (or did he), but between him and Crash, I do know that the latter had more requests overall. Since it looks like people actually do want to see my old hints that never got put up, I might just do that.

Tetiro October 12, 2012 at 3:56 am

I think you should do! Make a small game out of it. Provide a list of the characters and the hints and tell people to match them up correctly!

And that’s true about Spyro. Though I believe they pulled him back. He’d make the perfect hype up for a sequel don’t you think?

Zerox October 11, 2012 at 4:10 am

Thanks for putting this up Paul, I appreciate it, I think it’s put some people at ease, even if these characters aren’t on disc at launch I hope they make their way in as DLC. I’m personally overwhelmed at the current state of the game, and obviously these characters would be the icing on an already glorious cake. If you’re up for a match when the game is released my PSN is Spiroff23. I’d be happy to play you :P

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 10:03 pm

I hope that putting up the story did more good than harm. And thank you as well.

Coopergang1 October 11, 2012 at 4:18 am

Even though this is just a rumor, this is amazing. Thanks, Paul. You mean a lot to us fans.

I believe in Paul Gale.

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 9:13 am

You’re more than welcome for the info and thank you right back for the support. :)

Spola1994 October 11, 2012 at 4:34 am

Thank you very much for the info! :D I think they’ll use these characters in a way or another… It’s useless paying for a character and then do not insert him in the game. Maybe Omar saying the 20 character were the launch roster unlocked from the start means that these characters are in the game won’t be revealed until the game launch and are secret characters… So then people won’t preorder the game and will pay for the DLC characters costumes… xDDD Joking about that… But I think it would be a bad move not revealing crash cloud and snake if they’re there…

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 11:03 am

You got it, bud.

Zalman October 11, 2012 at 5:57 am

I’m seriously sad to see that Crash didn’t make it in. No character deserves this game more than him. The perfect opportunity to bring him back… Wasted.

Zalman October 11, 2012 at 5:57 am

By the way, do you know about any of the supers Crash (or any of the other characters) had?

jfen005 October 11, 2012 at 6:15 am

Paul, did you get to visually see the in-game character models of Crash, Cloud, Snake and/or Wander?

Also, do you know if the final boss will be playable or not?

Ferkel11 October 11, 2012 at 7:51 am

Thank you Paul very much!
But Paul,could you get that poster?
I want the haters to believe you!
People dont believe if you have no source,so please get that poster and upload it.Haters will see that you are right! :D

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 9:13 am

I haven’t seen the poster.

psyclone2 October 11, 2012 at 9:43 am
MrCrash95 October 11, 2012 at 7:55 am

Hey, Paul. I’m from Malaysia. I’ve been supporting you for a long time now. Would like to thank you for providing the info about PS All-Stars. If there is false info, I don’t blame you. I’m just 1 of those people that would love to have Crash in. If not, I’ll go for Nathan Drake. I also told my cousin about your website. On behalf of him, thank you. Here’s hoping that the info here is true.

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 11:01 am

Thank you both for your support!

DiogoLouro October 11, 2012 at 9:12 am

Paul, thanks a lot, for real! Snake and Wander, hell yeaaah!
Thanks for building hype for this game and for all the hints you’ve been giving us!
My theory is that SNake, Wander, Cloud and Crash will be unlockable characters.
Thanks again!

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 11:00 am

You’re welcome, bud!

Squabble October 11, 2012 at 9:32 am

When do you think you’ll see the poster Paul? Thanks for sharing this information with us, let’s hope it’s true.

The_Killah29 October 11, 2012 at 9:56 am

At least I know as a future Game Developer (in college for it right now :) ) that I can trust Paul Gale for trickling out information to keep fans wanting more.

:D

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 11:00 am

Yeah, when you eventually are planning on your own game reveal, let me know. :)

The_Killah29 October 11, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I definitely will, bro, I definitely will. :)

soviet prince October 11, 2012 at 11:06 am

couple of questions paul

2. when did you think your info is fake and why

5. are you contacting your source again and get his statement, and if u do can u post what he says

6. you going to post anything on other information about allstars?

soviet prince October 11, 2012 at 3:06 pm

not tryting to be pushy but any reasion you can not answer these I am intrested in hearing your opinion

spoelstra3 October 11, 2012 at 11:31 am

My hope is that they reveal these characters this week at NYCC. That makes since for me with the Free DLC theory and the release of the American PS Plus beta coming soon.

joe747323 October 11, 2012 at 1:05 pm

So wait, If cloud and snake was supposed to be the revealed character at TGS, does that mean that there not in the game since the TGS already past.

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 3:34 pm

That’s not necessarily the case because my source might have been incorrect in the first place and neither character are in the game at all. I was just surprised when TGS came and there was no 25th anniversary character reveal. We’ll see what happens.

soviet prince October 11, 2012 at 3:40 pm

have you spoken to your source

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Not since after making sure that nothing would trace back.

soviet prince October 11, 2012 at 7:17 pm

you trying to contact him now? anyway can u answer the above question ppl would be interested to know

TooTwos October 11, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Then cant you just clarify with your source if it is correct? I mean even though he doesnt work for superbot surely he can find out in some way. I just dont understand this source buisness.

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 6:28 pm

My friend is not an employee of SuperBot Entertainment. I will however, stay on top of things and report if the information the person acquired, is correct.

soviet prince October 11, 2012 at 9:12 pm

who gave him the poster, did superbot say to him that is the complete roster?

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 9:59 pm

I don’t have all the info as to exactly how did my friend acquire each piece of info along the way.

soviet prince October 11, 2012 at 10:07 pm

why not ask him?

ThatsBugatti October 11, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Thanks so much for doing this man. It must’ve been tough, but I assure you, you’ve just built a lot of excitement that SuperBot themselves has been more-or-less getting rid of ever since TGS. Whether it’s true or not, very interesting stuff! However, I do still have just a few questions:

1. You kept saying that the picture hinting at Heihachi may have been hinting at more than JUST Heihchi. Most people assumed this was hinting at another fighting game character, but I don’t think Crash, Cloud, Snake, Wander, Kat, or an AC rep would really do that very well. Who was that hint also targeted toward?

2. I keep hearing talk of a “poster” but I guess that I missed the article where you mentioned anything regarding that. Can you please tell me about it? lol

3. Totally random, but who’s your favorite character in the game? You’ve known about it for a while and I assume you’ve played it pretty extensively at this point, so I was just wondering whose fighting style appealed to you the most?

Thanks in advance man! I have faith that these 4 are still in the game (unlockable? free dlc?) and that you and your source are correct. Gotta believe!

Paul Gale October 11, 2012 at 10:02 pm

The martial arts picture used was implying that another fighting character would be in, but to protect Chun Li’s “thought to be inclusion”, I left it as vague as I did. There is a poster with the alleged final characters that my friend has, but I have not seen it. I like playing with Raiden quite a bit…but don’t have a #1 favorite just yet. We’ll see what happens with those last few…

jamster1992 October 11, 2012 at 6:01 pm

hi omar kendall has confirmed no characters has been dropped so its looking more then likely these four are in hes also said the boss was a puppet master (Sephiroth controls clouds persona) and refered to it as him confirming its a male.
Link-

PsychoJuggz October 15, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Final boss = Screaming Mantis

Wafflecone October 11, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Wow, I sure hope this is accurate. It does have an almost “too good to be true” feel to it, but maybe for once we’ll all be pleasantly surprised.

Cloud, Snake and Crash are big enough names to pretty much guarantee this game will be a commercial success. Which would be good news all around as it would make a sequel (and thus a second chance for all the characters they missed) all the more likely.

Zerox October 12, 2012 at 2:50 am

Thanks for all your help Paul I truly appreciate all the work you’ve put into hyping this game far better than Sony or Superbot have done combined. The game is in an amazing state at the moment and I couldn’t be more thrilled to have Spike pitted against Sly, Jak and Ratchet but these characters would definitely be the icing on an already incredible cake! All the best Paul and if you’re ever up for a match when the game comes out my PSN is Spiroff23 :)

Bandiboy October 12, 2012 at 7:48 am

Well for all of those saying that these 4 ESPECIALLY Crash isn’t in the game needs to cool it. Nothing is confirmed as of now because they are still in the process of getting these 4 characters. And I can pretty much count on Crash being in the game because Activi$ion wouldn’t turn down anyway to make money, and seeing as how he is the MOST requested character for the game it will sell pretty damn good. And as for Cloud, Snake, and Wander I really think that they are coming behind Crash with their confirmation as well. Rather it be “on-disk” or DLC their AP’s would have to be brain dead to say no to their final inclusion. #TeamCrash

Paul Gale October 13, 2012 at 6:03 pm

Crash has been the most requested character and knowing that, plus my source saying he made it in, would just leave me baffled if he doesn’t make the cut.

soviet prince October 12, 2012 at 1:11 pm

sent u a message on fb would you kindly get back to me there, I figured it’s a better place then neogaf :P

again sorry for the rough comments I keep asking you but vidoe games are serious buisness

Squabble October 12, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Looks like more people got the same source as you Paul. Any comments to this?

Squabble October 12, 2012 at 3:05 pm

This was by the way posted a month before you revealed your email to Superbot.

Paul Gale October 12, 2012 at 4:27 pm

The person called me a fraud? What do you mean it was posted a month ago? (Not being sarcastic, just don’t know what I’m suppose to look at).

Rawad October 12, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Hey first of all, thank you! You have satisfied my anticipation for this game up till now! Secondly the link that “squabble” put up, on page 9 the individual with the username pie_FOREVER leaks the exact roster you said, a month before you, and he also talks about the assassin’s creed thing. I just thought you should know. I have no idea what “squabble’s” intention was but to me it just added more credibility to your word (not that i had any doubt before). Thanks again, and i wish you the best!

Paul Gale October 12, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Thank you for your support and you’re a welcome, too!

Squabble October 12, 2012 at 5:00 pm

He revealed the same characters you did, but a month before you told us. Thats what I was going for. If you go to page 9.

Sorry for the confusion!

Paul Gale October 12, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Oh thanks for clarifying. Yeah that certainly is similar to what my friend acquired. It wouldn’t be the first time that more than one outlet got information that was similar to my own. For instance, that big leak popped up online during the same weekend that I was meeting with my friend and prepping my Q/A article. Big world, but small connections go a long way. Thanks for sharing.

TheGuyMan October 12, 2012 at 5:34 pm

The date of that Topic was made 9/10/2012, a month before you made this article. What you were suppose to look at was the whole Topic, but I can understand that’ll take too much of your time, which the user didn’t point out of what to read.

The creator of the Topic has the same exact source as you do. The four characters from the Divisions (Old Solid Snake, Cloud, Wander, and Crash) & the considered characters (Chun-Li, Ico, Spyro, and Dart), and mentions the Assassin’s Creed Rep about which one will be decided, as you wrote that too.

What the user is saying is that in that Topic, the creator named “Pie_FOREVER” says “SuperBot is aware of Paul Gale’s shenanigans and internally in their company, they know he’s a fraud.” The user also says “Yes” and shows the remaining characters of the Roster, the exact same ones you mentioned from the source you received.

Pie_FOREVER revealed characters (rumor) before you did, a month ago. When you revealed your source of characters, a month after that Topic, in which it was the same source like his but planned differently (as such by not saying it as a rumor).

Paul Gale October 13, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Yeah, I eventually saw the correct page when other people pointed me in that direction (because first I was just seeing a post where someone was calling me out), and understand it all now, more clearly. Interesting, that I can say.

psyclone2 October 12, 2012 at 5:40 pm

page 9. he reveals the 8 (and before that says assassins creed) that paul said, even the ones that paul said didnt make it. and it was posted before pauls

psyclone2 October 12, 2012 at 5:46 pm

he says kat isnt in, but like paul said she was being considered. so this guys info must come from the same/similar source. They could have spread false info to everyone, but then again why lie and say your roster is better than it is? wont that destroy the game?

psyclone2 October 12, 2012 at 5:50 pm

it was posted by this guy almost exactly a month ago……Calypso or cortex were his info on the final boss….And if his info is the same as Pauls (not necessarily true) then paul must have been told a similar final boss?

Paul Gale October 12, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I have been told the final boss, yes.

Ferkel11 October 13, 2012 at 3:37 am

As a Crash fan,I want Cortex as the final boss.And when you beat him,then you unlock Crash!That would be so cool!
Activision-New Crash game please!
Thank you Paul,I am waiting for new news! :D

Ferkel11 October 13, 2012 at 8:50 am

What about Evil Crash? :D

CSRPAYSRHO October 13, 2012 at 6:18 pm
Majora999 October 12, 2012 at 6:00 pm

No, he just had a character list that resembled basically the one you showed here, like, the whole thing. Ico, Chun-li, Dart, the works.

Katisnotinthegame October 12, 2012 at 6:29 pm

The topic creator of the topic “Pie_FOREVER”. Posted the whole roster which includes exactly all of the same characters that were in your latest email. Such as Cloud, Old Snake, Wander and Crash. And he also posted the ones you said were considered but then dropped – Dart, Chun Li, Spyro and ICO on September 10th, 2012.

Here’s the post…

Cloud
Wander
Old Snake
Dart
Chun Li
Ico

How is that possible? Did he have the same source as you? Maybe more than one person had a source with the same info?

Paul Gale October 12, 2012 at 9:29 pm

To the absolute best of my knowledge, my friend has only share the information obtained with me. That certainly doesn’t rule out other people having their own sources, however. Such as with the leak.

jjand302 October 12, 2012 at 7:31 pm

If you look to the left it shows you when each post was posted. The full roster listed by this person is on the page I linked

soviet prince October 12, 2012 at 8:05 pm

he was talking about the post here

look for the post created by the op, pie it list the roster you posted, you have to scroll down some.

Paul Gale October 12, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Interesting.

fretless94 October 12, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Squabble posted the wrong page of the thread.
Pie_FOREVER seems to have another source. Or the same source. Or…IS your source? Dun dun dun. Also, he didn’t call you a fraud, another guy with a similar name claiming to be Pie_FOREVER did, the real guy said that you were legit.

Paul Gale October 12, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Yeah, now I saw it…

soviet prince October 12, 2012 at 9:54 pm

does his other info match up with yours? and if so does it help convince you that your info is real

Paul Gale October 12, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Had it not been for the leak taking place the same exact weekend that I was prepping my q/a and meeting with my friend, this latest revelation would have left me pretty surprised. But seeing as how things with this game have been more than just coincidental at times, learning of this now doesn’t surprise me too much. I do suppose that having similar information could be good…that is, they’re both correct. I never had reason to doubt my friend and heard about my characters a long time ago. So seeing this post now is interesting. I guess that’s all I can say for now.

soviet prince October 13, 2012 at 12:06 am

can you at least hint if the final boss is correct and was shadow of colossus ever in the loco roco stage

Paul Gale October 13, 2012 at 3:00 am

I’ve done enough…that I think I’ll stay quiet for a while.

soviet prince October 13, 2012 at 1:17 pm

trying to help solidify your case but you got to help a little bit

CSRPAYSRHO October 13, 2012 at 6:21 pm

so pauls says spyro isnt in and pie_FOREVER says both.
i hope its both.

CSRPAYSRHO October 13, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Both meaning crash and spyro

Katisnotinthegame October 12, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Anyway is this the poster you were talking about? I hope not because if it is then I guess there’s really only 20 characters. :(

Paul Gale October 12, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Most definitely not.

soviet prince October 12, 2012 at 9:55 pm

I know I said it before but I think you need to ask your source where he recieved the poster from.

fretless94 October 12, 2012 at 10:02 pm

This poster has me interested. If it really did have the missing four on it, that’d be some pretty undeniable evidence of their presence in the game. How long ago did your source say they saw the poster? Is it something they possess or did they just see it in passing?

Paul Gale October 12, 2012 at 11:23 pm

I’ve heard it be mentioned for weeks now. Don’t know what’s the current access and other details.

TooTwos October 13, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Seriously can you try and get this poster? I mean you keep talking about it but you say you dont have it. Surely you have tried to obtain it. Plus this poster can show that you were right all along and your sources info was right

Paul Gale October 13, 2012 at 1:04 pm

If I get it, digitally or physically, I’ll gladly put it up at this point.

fretless94 October 13, 2012 at 1:09 pm

If your source still knows where this poster is, they should try getting a picture of it with their phone and sending it to you. Wouldn’t be really high quality, but it’d sure be convincing.

Paul Gale October 13, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Of course I’ll try. Have been for weeks.

harley2947 October 12, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Hey Paul, just saying, I think all the info you’ve given to us is true, because it has been true from day one: Title Fight. Anyways, I was reading an article online(forgot which one). And they asked Omar Kendall if any character they’ve had or considered been dropped from the roster? He replied saying none, not any were dropped. BTW, you said that Crash was “as old school as ever” in the previous comments. AWESOME!

Paul Gale October 12, 2012 at 11:22 pm

If his classic self isn’t the model chosen in it, then that’d be the only inaccurate thing my friend told me.

Katisnotinthegame October 13, 2012 at 10:45 am

Assuming Cloud, Old Snake, Wander and Crash are in right?

matimoo October 13, 2012 at 2:41 am

Hi Paul! Long time reader, first time commenter.
Thanks for all the info, I really hope this is true, especially Crash!
Quick question, were you just told they were in, or did you see any images/ gameplay / data for them.etc?

Paul Gale October 13, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I was told long ago that they were in and a few weeks ago learned of a poster that was more complete than the 20 that we had been seeing. Thanks for commenting, too!

jjand302 October 13, 2012 at 4:48 am

Can you give us a hint for the final boss? Besides he’s from the ps1 era or recognizable

soviet prince October 13, 2012 at 1:38 pm

it seems to be obv that it’s polygon man based on what superbot says which makes me said because it almost deconfirms the pie guy on faq

psyclone2 October 13, 2012 at 2:44 pm

final boss rumors ive heard: kevin butler(ruled out by actor in a tweet/comment), dr cortex(thought this was impossible, but if crash is in…), calypso(twisted metal???)(possible), Sephiroth (good luck with that) and polygon man(by far the most likely. i even heard its wiki page dissapeared)

i think its polygon man, because it makes sense story wise(anger over not being an all-star) and looks, severely, like a final boss (even looks like a master hand-ish boss)

jjand302 October 13, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Wait if you’re giving us all the info PG, can you confirm then that last you heard Polygon is the boss? Or who it is? Being your info is now rumor is there any reason you can’t tell us?

Paul Gale October 13, 2012 at 5:57 pm

There was enough said for now. There’s only a few weeks left, anyhow.

jjand302 October 13, 2012 at 7:11 pm

That’s reasonable

soviet prince October 13, 2012 at 7:16 pm

can you atleast give us one reveal a day until realease to help pass the time?

Paul Gale October 13, 2012 at 9:39 pm

By popular request, I might put up my old stuff since people have actually asked for ‘em.

Squabble October 13, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Also there’s a Youtuber that goes by name of: TheRumbaLumba(link: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRumbalumba )

He’s also been hinting/teasing Cloud, Snake, Crash and Wander before your email. I mean with so many people apparently knowing the roster… they can’t all be wrong can they?

Paul Gale October 13, 2012 at 9:42 pm

I can’t speak for others, but I’ve always been confident in my info. Like I said, if Cloud, Snake, Wander, and Crash are not in…I’d be surprised.

soviet prince October 13, 2012 at 10:08 pm

I have my hunch that the faq user just got lucky since he claims that loco roco had a colossus in the bground and that Calypso is the final boss which it can not be since omar said the final boss is not tied to a single franchise and is not necessarily evil. As for the rumba guy not sure because he will not post up the code when he had no problems doing it the first time.

soviet prince October 13, 2012 at 10:09 pm

also paule do you have a skype ?

Paul Gale October 13, 2012 at 11:36 pm
Paul Gale October 13, 2012 at 11:34 pm

That user might very well have a friend on the inside. Certainly possible.

soviet prince October 13, 2012 at 11:40 pm

so you mean that calipso as fb was right and shadow of colossus like the false kat picture is accurate when it was already mixed up with metal gear?

fretless94 October 14, 2012 at 9:14 am

Paul, I’ve found a very interesting bit of info that I’m surprised isn’t being shouted around by a lot of people. A number of people who attended NYCC say that cl0ckwork and Seth Killian have indeed confirmed DLC, and that they’re very excited to reveal what it is, and they’re apparently going to show them off at the Spike Video Game Awards.

Paul Gale October 16, 2012 at 4:50 am

For the last few years, I’ve known the list of titles and basic gist of what’d be at the Spike TV Video Game Awards, a couple weeks before the show itself, aired. That being said, should there be something in the works PSASBR related for the event, there’s a good chance that I’ll know about early by default, because I always get the details on that one. Thanks for posting!

gosoxtim October 14, 2012 at 11:12 am

hey paul how would hint at sly cooper it he was not revealed yet?

Paul Gale October 14, 2012 at 11:18 am

I do have all my old pics saved. Might be fun releasing them.

gosoxtim October 14, 2012 at 11:52 am

yeah can you do that i mean it wouldn’t hurt to do that since we know they would be in the game anyway.

soviet prince October 14, 2012 at 12:27 pm

are you going to slowly reveal information like for items stages and rivals

Paul Gale October 14, 2012 at 2:28 pm

With such little time remaining, I don’t have plans for it.

soviet prince October 14, 2012 at 6:18 pm

why does little time mean anything I think it th perfect time to release some, with the lack of info/

sorry If i am seem to be aggravating you not trying to come off that way.

Paul Gale October 14, 2012 at 9:00 pm
TooTwos October 14, 2012 at 11:52 am

When do you plan on contacting your source

Paul Gale October 14, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Though the miles apart isn’t an issue, it’s actually finding the appropriate time in each’s schedule to make it work. The chit chat stuff is one thing, but the meat and potatoes business is a lot more seldom and requires care. Don’t have an answer yet, other than, “trying to carefully inquire about the final characters’ validity”. That’s what my friend said, not me.

psyclone2 October 14, 2012 at 2:46 pm

good luck to you and your source, but dont feel pressured….theres only a month left. if ur right, ull be as right tomorow as you will in a month….but it would be nice….

TooTwos October 14, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Ok thanks paul. Hope he finds out soon and gets back to you.

angelbless October 14, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Hey Guys, isn’t there a way to sign a Petition to Superbot? O.O… not sure if it would change things, specially if the characters will be DLCs, but if they are thinking in leaving them out of the game, then at least Superbot will hear what fans really want :)

And btw Paul, one of your text messages was form a Square Enix representative right?…. he didn’t want you to reveal Cloud yet right?….why would he stop you if there wasnt a chance to have him joining the roster?

{ 5 trackbacks }