Home > Video Games > One year ago today, Paul Gale Network revealed PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale to the world. Next it’ll be time for Xbox 360 and Wii U fans.

October 30, 2012

It was right here on October 30th, 2011 that Paul Gale Network first mentioned PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale having an existence (then known as Title Fight) and in the course of six months, was the only site on the internet to have information continuously coming out for everyone to enjoy.

After a half a year of suspense, the game was finally shown off by SuperBot Entertainment and Sony…and in the last six months, I still aimed to deliver news on it, on a continuous basis. Where we’re at now is a full 12 months of hype and promotion on my part…as we’re only 3 weeks away from the title’s release. I hope that at the end of the day, my unorthodox techniques and consistent building, helped make this PlayStation 3 title something that will make its presence known during the holidays.

All I have that remains at this point on the game is that there’s one more big live action trailer on its way. Aside from that, whether or not my final four characters revealed to me (Crash Bandicoot, Old Snake, Wander, and Cloud Strife) are in the game or not/if they’ll even wind up as DLC at some point, and if I ever get my hands on the supposed poster…remain unknown.

And finally, if you’re a Wii U owner-to-be, remember…Paul Gale Network was the first outlet to discover that 1) Retro Studios was working on a major title for Nintendo’s new console that “everyone wanted them to do” and that 2) Even though Star Fox – Metroid: Fusion Saga wasn’t the game they’re developing, it was proved that its concept was at least brought up at some point. Perhaps that very fact means that they’re working on something similarly grand and unexpected. I don’t know what this project of theirs is, but there’s still hope that I’ll find out. 🙂

Paul Gale Network at The Playboy Mansion
A party is coming…

To all of you that have been coming to Paul Gale Network for the last year simply because of updates and hints for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, thank you. And to everyone else that’s been a reader, both before and during the last 12 months for all normal news that I cover, I’m also appreciative of your time. Here’s to more good times!

TheEroticGamer October 31, 2012 at 12:03 am

“Now then! If you’re an Xbox 360 gamer, I do have something for you that’s in its infancy at the moment, but is definitely a game that will be talked about a lot, eventually. The relationship between the person and me in this case is also one of a friendship status, but I’m not ready yet to talk yet. Just know that it’s of the same magnitude of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.”

Hahaha Master Chief Vs Master Chief Vs Marcus Fenix Vs Master Chief

dorkgeniuz21 October 31, 2012 at 2:10 am

Happy Title fight Anniversary…lol…So wait are you saying that there may indeed be a ps-all-star esc brawler or fighting game coming out, or are you just saying its a game that will stir up the same amount of hype.What small bit if anything cant you tell us about the game?Does it involve character cross overs of some sort?Is it a sequel or remake to a passed game?Is it a spin off of some sort?These details and more shall be commented on by Paul Gale….:)

ackme-b October 31, 2012 at 7:40 am

You’re welcome paul 😀 but thanks to you for givin’ us this information 😀 I cant wait for playstation allstars battle royale 😀

creeper43 October 31, 2012 at 8:55 am

i think there is only supposed to 2 dlc characters i think this becuase on superbot’s mastering the basics video the character select has 2 ?’s and all 20 characters were there

TooTwos October 31, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Lol think what you want those boxes are random selects

creeper43 November 1, 2012 at 11:24 am

then y 2 random selects

TooTwos October 31, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Those poor xbox fans. Now they are the ones who will be trolled

bandicoot101 October 31, 2012 at 12:53 pm

paul, please don’t pull the same junk with another game, especially on xbox. what you did with allstars was tiring and pointless. plus you let a lot of fans down fooling us into thinking our fav characters made it into the roster, whether intentional or not.

TooTwos October 31, 2012 at 3:52 pm
dorkgeniuz21 November 1, 2012 at 12:16 am

To me, Paul kept our interest and hype in the game.New characters became the only thing we all wanted to talk about.i found myself checking countless sites for any information at all regarding ps all-stars and still do and will continue to after the game releases.So from me, thanks Paul.

Paul Gale November 1, 2012 at 1:08 am

You have my thanks, too. I’m glad I was able to help build the game up. 🙂

creeper43 November 1, 2012 at 11:26 am

these haters can go suck an xcock for all i care i like what you’ve done for allstars paul you kept my hype for this game so thanks and don’t listen to the trolls and haters

Paul Gale November 1, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Thanks a lot for your support! Yeah, there are some people out there that will be upset if I end up being 20 for 24 with my announcements on the game, but they oddly forget that for 6 months prior to SuperBot officially announcing it, I was the only source in the world with consistent information on it. And in the last 6 months, I at least did what I could to help out the fans’ desires while not being a thorn in the side to the developers. Some people just like to complain.

bandicoot101 November 3, 2012 at 6:51 pm

paul, i didn’t write the paragraph just for the sake of complaining, so you can stop calling me a hater. Nobody I know who is getting this game has ever even heard of your name before. the only thing they know now about you is that you gave us incorrect info and dont have a poster to back yourself.

Paul Gale November 4, 2012 at 10:06 am

I wasn’t referring to you as a hater. It’s just unfortunate, yet expected, that for all the right that you might have had, there are some people that only remember the wrong. And I’m still. It sayin that the final four are flat out incorrect, because all this time I just shared what was given to me and believe that what my source acquired was for a reason…unless the individual got duped.

Cole44 October 31, 2012 at 2:11 pm

It Says on Amazon UK Over 20 First and Third Party Charecters So Pauls Final four could still be in. Here is Link http://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle-Royale-PS3/dp/B008CCD8H0 Scroll down to Product Description Key Features

TooTwos October 31, 2012 at 3:54 pm

No dont believe a retailer site, let alone amazon over the developers word. Give up on Paul’s final 4 because they arent in. Either he was lied to or he lied to us. Just hope for some substantial dlc

soviet prince October 31, 2012 at 5:45 pm

paul we need to poster it can not be to hard for your source to take a pic of it and upload it

TooTwos November 1, 2012 at 9:16 am

It is hard when it doesnt exist

PsychoJuggz October 31, 2012 at 7:46 pm

a party is coming..? maybe a new mario party? or a crossover nintendo party? or a nintendo rpg by the looks of that bulding.

harley2947 October 31, 2012 at 7:59 pm

There’s gonna be a 4-player brawler for 360 too? Awesome!

creeper43 November 1, 2012 at 11:32 am

not to kill you excitement but i dont think they have enough personal ip’s for this sort of thing xbox is still pretty young

MEERKAT5638 November 4, 2012 at 11:25 am

Microsoft owning Rare ltd. can give them a huge roster aside from the Halo, Gears of War, fable, etc. They can also always do what Sony did with having a bunch of third party characters.

ThugNasty97 October 31, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Paul, are you at Rare in the picture? Maybe they are making the Xbox 360 game you are talking about…

Paul Gale October 31, 2012 at 11:20 pm

No, I’m at the Playboy Mansion.

dorkgeniuz21 November 1, 2012 at 12:26 am

Is playboy making an all-star brawler for the 360?…lol

Paul Gale November 1, 2012 at 1:08 am

Yes and it’s developed by Ubisoft. Rabbids vs Bunnies!

dorkgeniuz21 November 1, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Fair enough…lol

ThugNasty97 November 1, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Why of course! How could I have not seen this before?

creeper43 November 1, 2012 at 11:30 am

i think the pic is a level hint

TooTwos November 4, 2012 at 10:09 am

Stop. Just stop. Dont encourage him?

MoonMan757 November 4, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Since the game releases this month will we get any more news on the game before release? For example: more characters, game modes, or DLC.

Paul Gale November 5, 2012 at 8:32 am

Nothing is planned yet except for a new commercial coming soon.

MoonMan757 November 5, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Looking forward to it. Thanks for the info

Katisnotinthegame November 6, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Switching boats I see, even though I shouldn’t, I feel just a little betrayed by this news. Basically jumping on to a new game to do the same exact thing you did for PlayStation All-Stars with the vague hints and whatnot? I hope that 360 game is lame and isn’t a Smash Bros. clone because that would even be worse than All-Stars Battle Royale. And don’t ever say that 360 game is the same magnitude of Battle Royale because it’s not and it never will be I guarantee you that.

Paul Gale November 6, 2012 at 10:39 pm

I actually made the announcement public a few months ago, that I learned of an Xbox 360 exclusive in its infancy, but now am bringing it up once more to highlight the fact that things are progressing with the title. It’s still too early to really talk about it and I haven’t decided on what type of approach I’ll be taking to raise hype for the game, but it will be handled differently than PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. We’ll see. And as for Wii U, my main goal is in the Retro Studios project, but I don’t have anything on it at this time.

slash127 November 6, 2012 at 10:13 pm

coming soon for wii-u, super smash bros party!

soviet prince November 7, 2012 at 10:04 pm

so we not going to see that poster

Paul Gale November 8, 2012 at 12:13 pm

I wouldn’t rule it out completely, but I can’t promise either.

{ 1 trackback }