Here is the best selling software and hardware in Japan, for the week of November 21st – November 27th, courtesy Famitsu.
1) Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet (NS) – 5,77,279
2) Splatoon 3 (NS) – 39,322
3) Minecraft (NS) – 11,223
4) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS) – 11,057
5) Horizon Forbidden West (NS) – 10,107
6) Nintendo Switch Sports (NS) 9,682
7) Ace Angler: Fishing Spirits (NS) – 5,414
8) Super Smash Bros. Deluxe (NS) – 4,478
9) Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! (NS) – 4,108
10) Kirby and the Forgotten Land (NS) – 3,994
1) Nintendo Switch – 156,127
2) PlayStation 5 – 50,920
3) Xbox Series – 11,939
4) PlayStation 4 – 2,220
5) Nintendo 3DS – 65
To no surprise, Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet claimed the number one spot in the software sales chart this past week, now surpassing 3.1 million physical copies sold in Japan. It’s impressive even by Pokémon standards. The rest of the top ten is made up of eight other games on Nintendo Switch and one on PlayStation 5, which got a big boost thanks to a special bundle.
Hardware-wise, NS once again topped how well it did for the same week last year, by more than 34,000 units. With this week, we also saw the console reach 27 million total in Japan. PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series also had stronger performances this week than both last week and last year for the same time period. So what do you think…will Nintendo Switch hit 5 million in Japan for the year (a third in row doing so) or be a couple hundred thousand short? It currently is sitting at 4,157,517 and there are 5 weeks to go. 168,500 on average is what it has to do, each week this last month. Exciting times. See you next week!