Wii U hitting US on Sunday, November 18th, 2012
For Japanese Wii U plans, click here.
Wii U Basic Set and Wii U Deluxe Set boxart (Large)
- Wii U coming out in United States in 66 more days: November 18th, 2012
- Wii U Basic Set = $299.99
- Wii U Deluxe Set = $349.99 (includes NintendoLand)
- New footage from NintendoLand is shown, including Mario Chase, Balloon Trip: Breeze and Pikmin Adventure.
- New footage from New Super Mario Bros. U is shown, highlighting the Super Mario World-like overworld map.
- Lego City Undercover is a confirmed launch title.
- Nintendo TVii is a brand new service from Nintendo that allows you to “Find, Watch, Engage” all in one place, with your Wii U GamePad. It’s basically one great, smooth setup that’ll interact with all of your TV devices, including Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon.
- Nintendo TVii syncs with Facebook, twitter, has special functionality for TV shows that differ from sports, movies, etc.
- Nintendo TVii coming to United States and Canada, with other territories in North America being explored.
- Every Wii U comes with Nintendo TVii and the service is free.
- Bayonetta 2 is in development for Wii U, from Platinum Games, exclusive, and published by Nintendo.
- The Wonderful 101 is another Wii U exclusive from Platinum Games.
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is coming to Wii U and 3DS. It features online co-op and local co-op.
- Activision thinks that Wii U is the most capable video game machine that Nintendo has ever built.
- Activision is bringing the following games to Wii U in the launch window: Skylanders Giants, ABC Wipeout 3, 007 Legends, Transformers Prime The Game (exclusive to Wii U), and Call of Duty Black Ops II.
- Call of Duty Black Ops II also uses the Wii Remote and Nunchuck as well as the Wii U Controller Pro. Its local split screen allows one person to play on TV and the other, on the Wii U GamePad.
- Launch window has over 50 games between November 18th and March 31st, 2013.
- Sizzle real ends the Wii U conference and shows a very diverse lineup of games coming to the system in its launch window.
- Wii U: How U Will Play Next
Check out Nintendo.com/WiiU to watch the conference yourself.
That wraps up the North American Nintendo conference for Wii U and I have to say…I’m mighty pleased! In 9.5 weeks, on November 18th, 2012, we will officially enter the 8th generation of console gaming and I think Nintendo is really going to deliver with the Wii U. Paul Gale Network is stoked and will definitely be picking up that sweet Deluxe Set. What do you all think about Wii U? Are you getting one and if so, which package?