Pokemania is stronger than ever!
Famitsu‘s sales data for Pokemon Black and White are in for the game’s first two days of availability and it seems like I nailed it with my prediction a few days ago. Famitsu has Nintendo‘s latest successful duo at 2.63 million copies sold in its first two days of availability. That’s quite a remarkable number and is in fact, the new, best selling week one game of all time in Japan.
Here’s a look at the new Top 5:
1) Pokemon Black and Pokemon White – 2,630,000
2) Final Fantasy VIII (Square) – 2,504,044
3) Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Square Enix) – 2,343,440
4) Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (Square Enix) – 2,236,881
5) Final Fantasy VII (Square) – 2,034,879
In that same Pokemon prediction article I linked to earlier, I wrote that I also heard news that the Nintendo 3DS would cost around 24,000 Yen…which falls in line with my $249.99 estimate from before. Congratulations to Pokemon Black and White!